Nantucket Window Shadings
Hunter Douglas has revolutionized the world of window fashions with its ingenious designs. One of our most creative solutions, Nantucket™ window shadings, is unlike any other product on the market today. Soft fabric vanes suspended between sheer facings, these shadings combine the light control of blinds, the softness of draperies and the operating ease of shades.
Featuring fabric vanes suspended between two sheer fabric facings, Nantucket™ window shadings transform natural light entering a room into a warm glow while also blocking harmful UV rays. When raised, the shadings disappear into the headrail for an unobstructed view and are available in a wide selection of casual fabrics. Natucket™ window shadings offer the maximum in comfort with the PowerRise motorization.
Click to enlarge
- Dual control technology - The Platinum™ remote combines both IR and RF technology.
- Multiple remote control options.
- Light control and privacy - The soft, adjustable vanes fully open, close or tilt anywhere in between softening harsh sunlight into a warm, comfortable glow.
- UV Protection - Nantucket window shadings shield against 99% of ultraviolet rays when the vanes are closed and up to 88% when the vanes are open.
- Style is of utmost importance - There are no cords or tapes to distract from the elegant appearance silhouette shadings provide.
- View to the outside is key - Nantucket's patented sheer facings provide a clear view when the shadings are lowered and the vanes are open. The shadings roll up completely into the headrail for an unobstructed view. There are no cords, frames or tapes to interfere with view-through.
- Choices - Hunter Douglas window shadings offer more fabric and color options than other window shadings on the market.
- Durable - Nantucket shadings are made from 100% polyester fabrics. The non-woven vanes are more durable than competitive knit vanes.
- Child Safety - Exclusive, revolutionary lifting systems enhance child safety and ease-of-use.
- The Playful Possibilities™ collection of mixable hardware and fabric options is available only with Nantucket window shadings.
- Color coordinated hardware is standard on all Hunter Douglas shadings.
- Anti-moiré patent Hunter Douglas window shadings hold an anti-moiré patent to ensure beautiful view-through to the outside.
- Lifetime Guarantee - As with all Hunter Douglas window fashions Nantucket window shadings are backed by the exclusive Hunted Douglas Lifetime Guarantee.
- Vane Size
- Sizes Available
Width: 12" to 144"
Height: 12" to 126"
- Motorized Control Options
Platinum Remote Control
Platinum Wireless Wall Switch
Platinum Solar Energy Sensor
Platinum RF Adapter
Platinum LCD Timer
- Design Options
- Privacy and Light Control
(1 to 5 scale)
(3) Softened light, substantial privacy
(4) Diffused light, complete privacy
- Specialty Shapes and Applications
Sliding glass doors
- Operation Systems Options
UltraGlide® Retractable Cord System
Clutch Operated Continuous Loop
LiteRise® Cordless System
- Motorization Options
PowerRise® with Platinum™ Technology
- Soil and Dust Resistant
- Safety Features
- Energy Efficiency
- UV Protection
Excellent (90% to 95%)
Superior (95% to 99%)
- Sound Absorption
Care and Cleaning
RECOMMENDED CLEANING METHODS
- Dusting. Regular light dusting maintains a like-new appearance of most blinds, shades, shadings, sheers, shutters and window panels.
- Vacuuming. For deeper cleaning, vacuum gently with a brush attachment of any vacuum cleaner. Most products may be vacuumed using a vertical stroke.
- Compressed air or hair dryer (non-heat setting). Use to blow dust off selected window coverings.
- Spot-cleaning. Spot-clean shades and blinds with soft cloth or sponge moistened with lukewarm water. Add mild detergent if needed. Blot gently to avoid creasing or damaging the fabric. Rubbing can damage fabrics. Spot cleaning may result in cleaner areas.
- Injection/extraction cleaning system. This type of cleaning injects a cleaning solution into the fabric and extracts the dirty solution in the same motion. It is a very effective way to deep clean your window treatments. The service is typically performed in the home so there is no need to remove the window treatments.
To locate businesses that utilize this method, check the yellow pages or call Hunter Douglas at 1-888-501-8364 for referrals. Hunter Douglas acknowledges these cleaning methods as being safe and effective. We cannot attest to the quality of equipment or services provided by any independent cleaning facility.
- When cleaning any window, spray glass cleaner on a cloth rather than spraying directly on the window. This will prevent damage to the fabrics by splattering cleaner.
- While some fabric window covering products may seem perfect for an outdoor setting, all are recommended for indoor use only.
Dry environmental conditions in different parts of the country at various times of the year may generate static on fabric home furnishings including window coverings. Should this occur, lightly apply a static spray for home furnishings, being sure to follow the manufacturer\u0027s instructions. Allow the shade/shading to dry in the fully lowered position. If necessary, reapply the static spray each time the shade/shading is professionally cleaned.